Only released in EOL distros:
The crossing_detector package recognize frontiers from a LaserScan
- Maintainer status: developed
- Maintainer: Gaël Ecorchard <gael.ecorchard AT ciirc.cvut DOT cz>
- Author: Gaël Ecorchard <gael.ecorchard AT ciirc.cvut DOT cz>, Karel Košnar <kosnar AT labe.felk.cvut DOT cz>, Vojtěch Vonásek <vonasek AT labe.felk.cvut DOT cz>
- License: BSD
- Bug / feature tracker: https://github.com/lama-imr/lama_utilities/issues
- Source: git https://github.com/lama-imr/lama_utilities.git (branch: indigo-devel)
The crossing_detector package implements a method to recognize a crossing, i.e. a place from where the robot can take clearly distinctive paths. It is part of the Large Maps Framework (LaMa).
The computation is based on a costmap such as those provided by the local_map package, a sensor_msgs/LaserScan message, or a lama_msgs/PlaceProfile message. It is meant to be used in the form of a class instance but two nodes are provided that compute a lama_msgs/Crossing from a lama_msgs/PlaceProfile or a sensor_msgs/LaserScan, respectively, as a service.
The crossing center and radius are computed, as well as the frontiers, i.e. a free space through which the robot can go.
Newly proposed, mistyped, or obsolete package. Could not find package "crossing_detector" in rosdoc: /home/rosbot/docs/api/crossing_detector/manifest.yaml